The Victorian Government has recognised the business community is doing it tough because of the global pandemic. The Victorian Government’s Small Business COVID Hardship Fund will assist eligible small and medium businesses:
- whose operations have been severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions that have been in place between 27 May 2021 and August 2021
- that have experienced at least a 70% reduction in turnover as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions
- that are ineligible for other key COVID-19 Victorian Government business grant programs that have been announced since 27 May 2021.
The program offers grants of $10,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. This program will allow more businesses who have previously not received support, to receive financial relief now.
Businesses are not eligible to receive a Small Business COVID Hardship Fund grant if they have received support under any of the Victorian Government COVID-19 support packages launched on or after 27 May 2021, including:
- Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
- Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two Extension
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 – July Extension
- Alpine Resorts Support Program
- Victorian Events Support Package, comprising of:
- Sustainable Events Business Program
- Impacted Public Events Support Program
- Independent Cinema Support Program
- Live Performance Support Program (Presenters)
- Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers)
Please note a hardship letter from a qualified Accountant, Registered Tax Agent or Registered BAS Agent is required as part of the application process. Please contact us to discuss should you consider; you may be eligible to apply.
Further eligibility and program guidelines can be found here or click this hard link https://business.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/small-business-covid-hardship-fund