The Victorian Government has launched a new round of grants for eligible small to medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses impacted by the recent restrictions in Victoria.
The Victoria Business Support Fund Details
Please note the industries eligible for the Grant are very narrowly defined and the business must have been GST registered on 27 May 2021.
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
The Victorian Government’s $371 million Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two will assist eligible small to medium businesses most affected by the restrictions announced on Thursday 27 May 2021 and extended beyond to Thursday 3 June 2021.
The program offers grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. The grants will support businesses in eligible sectors directly impacted by restrictions.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $10 million can receive grants of $2,500 or $5,000.
Before submitting your application, please read all the information on this page, including the program guidelines and the frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two guidelines https://business.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/1996431/Business-Costs-Assistance-Program-Round-Two-guidelines.pdf
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Read the full list of FAQs here.
Applications are NOW OPEN until 11:59pm on 24 June 2021.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located within Victoria
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
For a list of eligible sectors please see the list of eligible ANZSIC codes.
Information for other or previous grant recipients
Businesses that receive a grant under the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 are not eligible for a grant under this program.
Businesses that meet the eligibility criteria and have received assistance through the previous three rounds of the Business Support Fund, payroll tax rebate/waiver, or other COVID-19 business support programs are eligible to apply for a grant under this program.
Eligible businesses will receive a one-off payment of $2,500 or $5,000.
The grant amount payable to an eligible business is determined by:
- the business’ industry sector (see Eligible ANZSIC classes)
- the business’ location:
- businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28 May 2021 up to and including 3 June 2021 will be eligible for funding of $2,500
- businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28 May 2021 up to and including 3 June 2021 and further restrictions from 4 June 2021 will be eligible for funding of $5,000.